1) Eliminations of errors & omissions lead to a reduction of rework, construction cost & overall project duration. So the BIM engagement improves the project delivery cycle.
2)Leveraging BIM to improve collaborations among team members including owners & design firms which leads to greater integration among all team members which considered one of the most important trends from model-oriented projects.
3) Enhancing business development through not only delighting their clients & maintaining long term relationships with them but also enabling the attraction of new ones
4) Improving safety & faster cycle times for workflows and accelerating client and regulatory approvals.
Hence shortly we can classify BIM benefits into three types:
Accrue directly to the contractors who use BIM
Which means improving the highest level of quality for the project delivered at an extremely lower cost?
Enhancing project workflow and processes among all parties
Perceived Return on investment On BIM:
According to the most recent survey, the return on investment in BIM falls into three broad categories as follows:
1) Very high positive Return:
Return on investment ranges between 26% up to over 100%.In this category, 27% of contractors perceived that BIM investment can have a very positive Return.
2) Moderately positive Return:
Return on investment ranges between 10% up to25%. In this category, 47% of contractors perceived that BIM investment can achieve a 10%-25% Return on investment.
3) Negative or breakeven return:
Return on investment ranges between negative returns up to 0 %.In this category, 25% of contractors perceived that BIM investment can have negative or no effect impact.
Benefits of BIM for contractors
Digital engineering meetings
Understand design intent